Runny Yellow Dung

Maxamus

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 16, 2014
Hello, one of my chickens has been having runny yellowish dung. I'm freaking out because I've had chickens only a 9 days and I don't want something to happen to my girls!Please if you could offer help it would be amazing.Thanks

Im not an expert but my hen had yellow poop that looked like paint a few weeks ago and i took her to the vet and he told us to give her magots as it will help her clear her liver, try magots she will love it and it will help clear any bacteria in her liver. Is she eating and drinking?

Yellow poop is never normal. Can you post a picture of it?

-Kathy

I would be beg to differ. Depending on what feed brand you are using (as well as other factors) it can be quite yellow - I'm thinking here of Purina Layena, which has marigold extract in it. Marigold extract would do more than just make yolks deep yellow. That page has been used by us old-timers here on BYC for years!

I believe in giving folks simple answers, not mathematical formulas.

How about we agree to disagree?
smile.png

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
I feed mine Layena and never see yellow poop in anything other than sick birds. And that link you posted, I sent three birds for necropsy that had "normal" poop according to that page. Care to guess what killed them?

-Kathy

Edited by staff

Last edited by a moderator:
Abnormal poop

LL

LL

The feedstore I go to had six with poop like this, three of them died, so I asked for their bodies and sent them to UC Davis for necropsies and the necropsy report stated they all three died from severe coccidiosis, so clearly this was not normal.

-Kathy

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom