Buff Orpington Rooster looking for his forever home.

ArmourFarmers

Chirping
7 Years
Sep 12, 2014
Cameron, North Carolina
My husband and I decided we wanted to try our hand with a backyard flock and of course my favorite little chick grew into a rooster. I had a hard time parting with him so I raised him as long as I could, but it's now time for him to spread his wings and find his forever home.

We raised him from 2 weeks old and he is now 11 weeks old. He's a healthy beautiful young man that has begun practicing his crowing in the last week. Not quite a full crow and so far he only does it around five times when we let the dogs out in the morning. He's been socialized and handled multiple times a day from the day we brought him home. He's actually more gentle than my hen his age and the 6 week old pullets he's been living with. He's been living in an enclosed coop (3x6ft) with a run(6x7ft) attached to it and clocks about 2-3 hours foraging in the morning and again in the evening. It breaks my heart to re-home my favorite chicken, but I'd love to see him find a good home and a flock of his own.

His care and quality of life are our number one priority.

Check my profile for more pictures of him.

Awww! He looks like such a sweet fella! I would buy him in a heart beat if I could own roosters! I hope you find him the perfect home!!
hugs.gif

I'm glad I found this. I am in need of a BO roo. I have three breeds, RIR, BO& Blue Andalusians. I have two RIR roos& 1 BA roo, but all 6 of my Buff orpingtons are hens. I don't want mixed breeds babies, so I need a BO roo. Just so I'm clear, are you selling him or just giving him away? He would not be turned into chicken soup!! I PROMISE. All of my current chickens are pets and he would be treated no different.

I'm glad I found this. I am in need of a BO roo. I have three breeds, RIR, BO& Blue Andalusians. I have two RIR roos& 1 BA roo, but all 6 of my Buff orpingtons are hens. I don't want mixed breeds babies, so I need a BO roo. Just so I'm clear, are you selling him or just giving him away? He would not be turned into chicken soup!! I PROMISE. All of my current chickens are pets and he would be treated no different.
That's great news to hear you love your chickens as pets! We just want him to go to a good home so we're not charging anything.

Not really. Lol I had my chicks shipped to me from Iowa. I'd be happy to research and find out tho. If you'd be willing to ship.

I just looked around the internet for an idea of how people do it. Seems like its a bit costly with the packaging and shipping costs, not sure if the weather is cool enough too. I'll look into it more, but as of right now I don't feel confident in shipping him. Let me know if you find anything or suddenly decide to take a road trip to NC.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom