I wondered when this would happen

Jhawker

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 20, 2014
Smith Center, KS
I bought some "fake eggs" to encourage the girls to lay in a new nest box. I bought a dozen pastel colored and a dozen white. I use the white eggs for an antique egg basket for decor in my kitchen. I thought the pastel fake eggs would be easier for me to tell they are fake.I . Well that didn't work out too well. I have since sold all but one of my white egg layers. I have Easter Eggers with blue and green eggs and mostly brown egg layers now. The fake eggs have ended up in egg cartons several times.
Well today was a new "duh" for me. I saw the cutest picture on Face book to use a cut up black olive to make an edible spider on top of deviled eggs. So I get out the Westbend Egg cooker and cook the seven eggs. I highly recommend this egg cooker. I use fresh from the chicken house eggs and they peel perfect every time. So imagine my surprise when I try to peel a freshly cooked egg and it simply won't crack. I accidentally cooked a fake egg.
From experience I will tell you they don't peel worth a hoot. :D

Funny! I have the same pastel colored ones, wound up putting black X's on most of them after collecting them more times than I want to admit ... they do float when you try to wash them, usually my first clue!

I bought some "fake eggs" to encourage the girls to lay in a new nest box. I bought a dozen pastel colored and a dozen white. I use the white eggs for an antique egg basket for decor in my kitchen. I thought the pastel fake eggs would be easier for me to tell they are fake.I . Well that didn't work out too well. I have since sold all but one of my white egg layers. I have Easter Eggers with blue and green eggs and mostly brown egg layers now. The fake eggs have ended up in egg cartons several times.
Well today was a new "duh" for me. I saw the cutest picture on Face book to use a cut up black olive to make an edible spider on top of deviled eggs. So I get out the Westbend Egg cooker and cook the seven eggs. I highly recommend this egg cooker. I use fresh from the chicken house eggs and they peel perfect every time. So imagine my surprise when I try to peel a freshly cooked egg and it simply won't crack. I accidentally cooked a fake egg.
From experience I will tell you they don't peel worth a hoot.
big_smile.png

LOL! I've always put a sharpie dot on the fake eggs for identification purposes ever since I ended up with a fake egg in my egg basket many years ago. :eek:)

Back
Top Bottom