Help

Can you give more info or photo of your situation?

Where, what configuration and what type of roosts do you have?
How old are your chickens? Have they rooster before?

I agree - at that age, they should prefer to roost rather than to stay on the ground at night. Mine don't go into the coop yet, but I have roosting poles in the run and they like to roost there. I think they will start to use the coop when it gets colder. We live in NW Florida and it's very pleasant right now.

I agree - at that age, they should prefer to roost rather than to stay on the ground at night. Mine don't go into the coop yet, but I have roosting poles in the run and they like to roost there. I think they will start to use the coop when it gets colder. We live in NW Florida and it's very pleasant right now.
My 4 month old chickens are still roosting in the run, too. They go into the coop during the day though. This is my 3rd time with new chickens and I always have to teach them to go to the coop at night. Even if it gets cold they will stay outside. I put em in there once and never have to show them again. Its time to show this bunch because its getting cooler at night here.

I keep putting them on the roost at night, and starting to build them some kind of roost for outside. Is there photos on this site for outside roost.

You can find all kinds of great stuff on the coops and runs forum. I got some great ideas for my new coop there.

Update on my younger pullets - I went to check on them last night and half were in the coop roosting and the other, more timid half was roosting in the run. It only took part of them a day to get it figured out. I think the rest will follow very soon! We got down to 45 degrees last night!

Back
Top Bottom