Brand new chicken owner what breed of chicken do i have ?& want to have some feedback on good care

papileo

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 22, 2014
Los Angeles, California

Can anyone identify what breed of chicken she is ? She has light yellow legs
1f60a.png
1f414.png

Your hen is a beauty. The other poster wanted to see the legs. Now that we know they are feathered, that is a major clue to what breed she is.

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. Are her legs feathered or clean? X2 on posting her on our What Breed or Gender is This? section and letting our experts there look at her. It would be easiest to identify her if you could post a full body profile showing head, legs, and tail. Also, posting her age is a good idea. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your hen.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

In my opinion, your cute white pullet is a White Wyandotte, or possibly a White Wyandotte mix. The feathering on her legs appears light enough that I think it is just stubs. Stubs are downy feathers on the legs of clean-legged chicken breeds, that may pop up even in completely purebred lines. Stubs are a disqualification when showing chickens, but won't affect how good a layer or pet your hen is.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom