Can someone explain incubating eggs to me?

Carrosaur

Songster
8 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Nashville, TN
I know that the Spring is months away, but I don't want to be asking these questions while I have three eggs in my hand!

1. How many eggs do geese lay?
2. How long can you store goose eggs before you incubate and have them still be fertile?
3. How many eggs can you let a goose store herself before she incubates them, as in- how many eggs can I leave under her before she starts sitting? I want as many eggs as possible.
4. How long are goose eggs incubated.
5. What are the temperatures for storing and incubating.
6. How often do you turn them?
7. When do you stop turning them?
8. What is misting an egg?
9. Assisted hatching, when is that necessary?

Sorry for SO many, thank you!

Ive tried hatching geese eggs failed teribly......now i use a silkie as a broody.....she incubated 5 eggs all hatched.
Though my goose lays every other day
It take 32 days to hatch I think.
Your suppose to turn them two to three times a day
You also need to cool them for 15 min a day then mist them with water as a mother goose would go swim then return.
You stop turning three days before hatch date

Ive tried hatching geese eggs failed teribly......now i use a silkie as a broody.....she incubated 5 eggs all hatched.
Though my goose lays every other day
It take 32 days to hatch I think.
Your suppose to turn them two to three times a day
You also need to cool them for 15 min a day then mist them with water as a mother goose would go swim then return.
You stop turning three days before hatch date
Did you goose not go broody is that why you used your silkie?

Actually I need to change that. I gave away half as they do not sell here. I only have 14 left.
smile.png
I bet that was quite the noise when you had them all, I use to have Budgies and they are sweet birds. Only 2 at a time though.
How old are your geese? can you post pics?

I bet that was quite the noise when you had them all, I use to have Budgies and they are sweet birds. Only 2 at a time though.
How old are your geese? can you post pics?

They live outside as im allergic to the dust. :)
My geese are 3 years old they are white chinese. And sure let me see if I have recent pics.

Back
Top Bottom