ISA Brown - hatched from egg, alot of white, is it a roo?

Strayahen

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 8, 2014
Brisvegas Australia
Hi all chicksperts,
We recently (about 4-5 months ago) hatched 2 x ISA browns from eggs. One is very brown and I assume is a hen, the other has quite a lot of white on it, and I am curious as to whether it may be a roo.
Any guidance would be appreciated! Photos to follow.....

They kind of look like 2nd generation, so they aren't sex-linked. Were the parents ISA's or were they a rhode island red and a white rock, or something similar to that?

They kind of look like 2nd generation, so they aren't sex-linked. Were the parents ISA's or were they a rhode island red and a white rock, or something similar to that?

This is the question. We need more information.

If the fertile eggs were from a certified hatchery, then the hatchings are trustworthy. If you got the eggs from someone merely claiming they were ISA eggs, I'd be quite suspicious. If you hatched these eggs from your own ISA females, then again, the sex link feature does not work the second time around.

Second generation sex link bred together produce all kinds of colors.

This is the question. We need more information.

If the fertile eggs were from a certified hatchery, then the hatchings are trustworthy. If you got the eggs from someone merely claiming they were ISA eggs, I'd be quite suspicious. If you hatched these eggs from your own ISA females, then again, the sex link feature does not work the second time around.

Second generation sex link bred together produce all kinds of colors.
x2

Back
Top Bottom