Baby duck breeds and age?

Frizzlett98

Songster
9 Years
Jun 22, 2014
Southwest Virginia
I got 3 solid yellow, yellow and brown, and yellow and black ones. They have some tail feathers. I know absolutely nothing about ducks except for they can have neurological problems from being dehydrated (makes sense if you we're following the thread in the emergency forum titled "Hurry! Electrolyte recipe?" LOL

This is my (now dead) female Muscovy and her brood :D just for comparison

THanks for the replies. I was doing some searching this morning and came up with the black and yellow being Muscoveys, the solid yellows being Pekins (they are much heavier than the others as well) , but can Muscovey ducklings be brown too? They look like the black ones just they are a light brown color instead of black. I couldn't find any ducklings that look like them.

Muscovys can be all brown(chocolate ),white, black, cream, blue and silver. The colors can mix. You can tell the difference between males and females at a fairly early date. The males are bigger, their legs look like tree trunks (very thick), both male and female have wattles(the red part), but the males are bigger, my female had a lighter hiss and my male had a very loud hiss. The males are generally all around bigger than the female. In my picture picture in my last post, do you see that brown one in the front and to the side?

That is the only one left out of fourteen and he is a mix between a Muscovy and a khaki Campbell.

He might not be a full Muscovy but you can see it in him. He has the body shape of a Muscovy Hope This helps :D
:D

Muscovys can be all brown(chocolate ),white, black, cream, blue and silver. The colors can mix. You can tell the difference between males and females at a fairly early date. The males are bigger, their legs look like tree trunks (very thick), both male and female have wattles(the red part), but the males are bigger, my female had a lighter hiss and my male had a very loud hiss. The males are generally all around bigger than the female. In my picture picture in my last post, do you see that brown one in the front and to the side?

That is the only one left out of fourteen and he is a mix between a Muscovy and a khaki Campbell.

He might not be a full Muscovy but you can see it in him. He has the body shape of a Muscovy Hope This helps
big_smile.png

big_smile.png

Thanks. I see him. So Muscovys don't quack?

Back
Top Bottom