Ducks Gone

Bryana92

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 27, 2014
So I had a predator get a hold of 2 out of my 3 ducks. I am a little unsure on what to do. The lone duck hasn't seemed to start acting depressed yet and with winter coming I am afraid of it being alone. I've started to look around for anyone trying to get rid of a duck but haven't found anything. Is there anything I can do? Just in need of help.

I'll keep looking there. Is there anything I can do before I get a companion to keep her from getting depressed?

I am sorry for your loss.

Are you able to shore up the accommodations so they are safer?

If you have any farm or bird rescues near you, check them to see if you can get a companion duck for yours. You could also put a wanted ad on Craigslist. I think if you check around on this site there are sections for wanted and birds for sale.

Humans are generally not much of comfort to ducks raised with other ducks. IMO they are happiest with their own kind. So, I hope you can find her a new friend. If you want to tell people where you are, maybe someone on here can help you find a new duck friend.

Very sorry for your loss, I hope you can find your lone duck a friend so it will have a cuddle buddy for winter. Have you looked on Pet Finder sometimes they have ducks, also ask at your feed store if they know anyone who may have ducks.

Welcome to BYC. Have you been on the thread here on BYC called "Where am I where are you"? look up your state and post. also we have a BUY sell Trade thread and a rehoming thread.

Last edited:
I have read to give your lone duck an un breakable mirror during the interim time. They enjoy looking at themselves and believe that it is another duck, so it keeps them from getting lonely until you can find them another friend. ;). I am so sorry you lost your other ducks.

I think you will do better posting on your state thread. Does your state have a bird rescue - even some animal shelters take in abandoned poultry - maybe they would have something for you.

Back
Top Bottom