Built a new run

Shadow722

Chirping
6 Years
Jul 28, 2013
Outlying Oklahoma City
A friend of mine tore down a 14'x20' carport and gave me the roofing metal. So, I built a chicken run and used his metal. I put 1/4" hardware cloth around the bottom 2' and chicken wire for the top 4'. I then attached my old pens and coops. I now have a 6x6, 6x12, 8x8 and the new 14x20. I have 24 hens and 4 roosters. I got rid of 2 roosters to a breeder. I may get rid of an additional 2 roosters. Now I need to clean up my mess around the pens from construction. It was quite a chore to catch the chickens after I turned them out to move their pens. They kept coming back to the old spot. It took an hour to catch my youngest rooster. I felt like Rocky in Rocky 2 when his trainer had him chasing the chicken.

I just moved them last weekend. I guess I'll let them back out in a couple days to range. I wanted them to get used to new location. I let them out once and they wanted to go to where I moved the pens from and was confused until I ran them over to where the new location was. I like to leave them out when I get home from work until sunset then they usually go back to their coop. I do a head count and close it up.

Back
Top Bottom