STILL NOTHING! SO WORRIED!

Shawnnaraye87

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 26, 2014
It is 2 days after hatch date and still no pips and now they're not moving around either! Should I try and assist them?

No do not help them. You only help when needed. Have you been candling them? The hatch date is just a bace line. No movement at all?

You might want to candle them and see if you can still see movement inside. You can also check for internal pipping (when they've broken through the membrane inside and are in the air cell). That'll give you a better idea of the situation (if they are just a little late, or if they didn't make it for some reason). You definitely don't want to assist them if you don't know how far along they are in the hatching process. You can kill them if you try to assist and they are not ready to come out.

No do not help them. You only help when needed. Have you been candling them? The hatch date is just a bace line. No movement at all?

I just candled them and they are all still moving in the egg. I can clearly see one of the babies bill sticking out but don't see it on the other two

You might want to candle them and see if you can still see movement inside. You can also check for internal pipping (when they've broken through the membrane inside and are in the air cell). That'll give you a better idea of the situation (if they are just a little late, or if they didn't make it for some reason). You definitely don't want to assist them if you don't know how far along they are in the hatching process. You can kill them if you try to assist and they are not ready to come out.

I see a bill in on of the air sacs but no can't see the bill in any of the other ones but all still moving in the egg. Is it ok for them to be this far after they're due date?

I have another that just piped 2 hole in 5 mins. I walked away to go pee and got a drink and came back and 2 holes in one of the eggs that hadn't even done anything yet!!!! Whoooo hoooooo!!!!!

I see a bill in on of the air sacs but no can't see the bill in any of the other ones but all still moving in the egg. Is it ok for them to be this far after they're due date?
My baby was born three days past "due date" and she's perfectly healthy. I've read others say they've had healthy birds that didn't hatch until four or five days after hatch day. Congrats on the pips!!!!!
thumbsup.gif
Now you get to wait and stress a little more....lol

My baby was born three days past "due date" and she's perfectly healthy.  I've read others say they've had healthy birds that didn't hatch until four or five days after hatch day. Congrats on the pips!!!!!  :thumbsup    Now you get to wait and stress a little more....lol

I know it's horrible lol

Back
Top Bottom