9 new chickhelp figuring out the breeds?

AristahziChicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 29, 2014
Hey everyone! so we just got 9 new chicks from my pet chicken yesterday! I got the hatch day mystery chicks so I need some help figuring out what they are! Today they are only 2 days old so I hope you all can help me!

First up-Barbosa and Black Beard. We THINK they are some sort of cochin-they are much smaller than the other chicks

Next up is Bertha-she's much bigger than the rest

Here are some silkies (there names are to be decided!)

last, but not least the red girls-they are a light red with dark red markings and have little eyeliner flecks behind there eyes (one is name Cleopatra)

Any help would be greatly appreciated! We have a full grown flock right now and I got baby fever so I figured why not? I love them so already!

Hey everyone! so we just got 9 new chicks from my pet chicken yesterday! I got the hatch day mystery chicks so I need some help figuring out what they are! Today they are only 2 days old so I hope you all can help me!

First up-Barbosa and Black Beard. We THINK they are some sort of cochin-they are much smaller than the other chicks
Black Cochin or Mottled Cochin (probably black). If they're much smaller than the others, they're probably bantams.

Next up is Bertha-she's much bigger than the rest
Could be any of three red chicken breeds: Rhode Island Red, New Hampshire, and Red Sex-link. I'm leaning towards Rhode Island Red, but you won't know for sure until it is older.

Here are some silkies (there names are to be decided!)
They all appear to be Partridge Silkies.

last, but not least the red girls-they are a light red with dark red markings and have little eyeliner flecks behind there eyes (one is name Cleopatra)
Once again, they could either be Rhode Island Reds, New Hampshires, or Red Sex-links.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! We have a full grown flock right now and I got baby fever so I figured why not? I love them so already!

Last edited:
Thank you! I have experience with RIR and silkies but not the rest. Are those breeds friendly? I have silkies (that I think are crossed possibly) that I got much older and were not hand raised at all and seem to really not like humans. They aren't aggressive but not inquisitive like my buff orpington, dominiques, or RIR. Even my turkeys seem to enjoy human company more lol!

I have Buff Orpingtings, Buff Brahmas, Light Brahmas and New Hampshire's by far my NHs are the sweetest girls I have.

Back
Top Bottom