Diotamaceous earth

McPasekFarm

Hatching
5 Years
Sep 27, 2014
I accidentally put too much DE down in the coop and now when they scratch dust fills the air! Am worried about their respiratory app in all that dust! Anything I can do to compensate??

oops....been there done that...lol...I had to use a Spray bottle with water and lightly mist the ground...another layer of bedding on top...do not add anymore DE to this layer. At least you won't have to clean the coop for a while...and any creepy crawlies won't survive.

No food grade can be eaten by animals ..I get food grade for all my friends...it helps with internal creepy stuff too...

Food grade is not just safe to be eaten by animals, it's an ingredient in things we people eat as well.

The differences are allowed amounts of arcenic and other chemicals as well as how it's processed. Non food grade DE doesn't function as well for what chicken keepers need due to how it's processed before you get it.

Food grade DE is actually good for them to eat.

I think I will pass on the taste test ...thanks
tongue.gif
yuk

Last edited:
Food grade is not just safe to be eaten by animals, it's an ingredient in things we people eat as well.

The differences are allowed amounts of arcenic and other chemicals as well as how it's processed. Non food grade DE doesn't function as well for what chicken keepers need due to how it's processed before you get it.

Food grade DE is actually good for them to eat.
Are you sure about human consumption?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom