New from Texas!

ac12607

Hatching
5 Years
Oct 28, 2014
Hi! My husband and I are in the process of purchasing 10 acres and we are so excited! We are going to have our own little homestead. Anyway, this seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to learning as much as I can!

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you joined us!

Feel free to ask lots of questions! We're all here to help.
smile.png

Hi :welcome
Glad you joined the flock. Your 10 acres and homestead sound great I would be very excited too. Wishing you and your husband the very best of luck in the future with your new adventure :frow

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

You have come to the right place for all the fun and learning!

Make yourself at home here and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC! Glad you decided to join us. Congratulations on getting your 10 acreas. What area of Texas are you from? My wife and I were both raised in the great state of Texas. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Do you have a breed preference as far as getting chickens goes?

Thank you everyone! Y'all are so nice! :)

Michael- we are north of the dfw area. We have been looking at storey's guide to raising chickens for breed info. We've got it narrowed down so far to ameraucana, barnevelder, Delaware, Dominique, or Rhode Island white (but I'm thinking we counted this one out for some reason I can't remember right now), and then for sure some silkies to hatch some chicks. Any thoughts on those breeds?

Back
Top Bottom