Northeastern Poultry Congress 2015

Troubadour05

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 13, 2014
Greenfield, NH
I know it is super early, but I am so excited! I am showing at congress for the first time this year and also am bringing quite a few chicks to sell probably. This will be only my 3rd time showing my silkies, any tips? Anyone know yet what your bringing to show/sell?

Last edited:
I went to this show almost 2 years and it's huge and a lot of sublime birds at this show. But this is the top notch show of New England and not a fair show, so the judges won't let anything slide if something's wrong.

Last edited:
I went last year just to watch, I agree, definitely a top-notch show! But I have decided not to show.. One of my roosters has ruined a lot of crests all of a sudden between fighting and breeding I'm guessing.
sad.png
I only have a couple birds that are still show-able, but at this point its not worth me spending a couple nights there just to show a couple birds, and I live too far away to drive back and forth. Oh well, next year.

I do have Silkie and Sizzle chicks I am willing to bring to sell, and I may have some Lionhead kits for sale around that time also, if anyone is interested
smile.png

I went last year just to watch, I agree, definitely a top-notch show! But I have decided not to show.. One of my roosters has ruined a lot of crests all of a sudden between fighting and breeding I'm guessing.
sad.png
I only have a couple birds that are still show-able, but at this point its not worth me spending a couple nights there just to show a couple birds, and I live too far away to drive back and forth. Oh well, next year.

I do have Silkie and Sizzle chicks I am willing to bring to sell, and I may have some Lionhead kits for sale around that time also, if anyone is interested
smile.png
Sometimes you got to know when to hang up the boots and realize Rome wasn't built in 1 day,

Sometimes you got to know when to hang up the boots and realize Rome wasn't built in 1 day,

Yeah, it's a bummer, I've been working on breeding for a couple years and finally got birds that I feel are great show birds, then worked all year keeping them clean and conditioned, then overnight they decide a haircut is in order. Oh well, next year.

Quote:
Definitely a prime brain-picking show! I learned a bunch last year :]
Quote:
There was a woman there last year with gorgeous showgirls, though I don't remember her name.. Hopefully she'll be back!

Back
Top Bottom