anyone use a fogger for mites? any experience with Cedarcide?

ladyearth

Songster
7 Years
Nov 23, 2013
kentucky
I believe older chickens have mites in coop. they avoid going intill very last minute.... Plus they constantly go into younger Barr Rocks coop... thy have so many broken jagged feathers, and underweight etc....
I am willing to spend money on a good one. The older propane Ortho brand one, one I had from years ago is clogged and rusted out. Plus can be used in asemet with so many spiders....
Believe some newbie on here recommened Cedarcide and Tri jet one.....
anyone with comments and used one or other????

no dont see them but read about symptoms and they hate to go into their coop at night.... and they have scaley leg mites.. treating for them now with vaseline etc,, they are way underweight etc......
In Ky... saw video about Cedarcide.com,suposed to be organic and I would let stuff settle and dry out......Someone mentioned a while back they bought the Tri jet fogger, expensive but aluminum and big and somwhat expensive.......... Plus we have lots of spiders in this much used basement, in this old money pit house...
The reason< I believe, is they have the mites is because those blankety blank wild birds are getting in thru the 2 inch wide openings ,overhead poultry wire... Unfortunately ordered 2 inch wire,overphone in a hurry before Farm store order had to go in.... So ordered site unseen Duh.
wish I would have read the BYC post about using smaller poultry wire on roof.... She mentioned about smaller birds getting thru. Bought the 250 foot roll of 2 inch poultry wire 6 feet wid for big run roof. Used mostly hardware cloth on sides up to 51 inches tall the the 2 inh poultry wire.. Duh me...
also dusted the 2 older hens with Poultry dust. Sprayed thir whole coop with Pyrtheium base spray etc..... also put down some DE and got rid of the straw previously used in nestbox. now use just pine shavings......
That Susie Baldwin recommends " moving coop etc... new Ground" cant do that......
and also hanging a white cloth up ovrnight .. But read on here about tiny tiny feather mites etc........
thanks yall

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom