i think my duck has turned mean. help

petsinstyle2007

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
i have a female Muscovy had her for about 4 years and it has alway been great but in the last 6 months she has started chasing my pekin duck around she is fine with my other 2 ducks just not the female pekin.. idk y they have been together for 2 years but not when see sees her she starts wagging her tail lowers her head and starts chasing her most of the day and sometimes even at night.im just at a lost of what to do. its just like whats in this video. she isnt sitting eggs or trying to nest.

Duck relationships seem to change over time in my flock. I would set up a divider fence certainly for the night shelter, and separate them. I might also do things like let the Pekin be with the rest of the flock for a night or two, then let the Muscovy be with the flock - just to change up the dynamic. Sometimes that can help.

Make sure the Pekin has a safe place at all times, too, till this gets worked out.

Try giving everybody treats together.

I agree. Seperate them for few days or more. I would seperate the bully first. Seperate her so she can still interact with the rest of the flock but doesn't have contact with them and can't be the superior. Any type of fencing would work. Sometimes they just need to be knocked down in their flock ranking.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom