serama

Granny Hatchet

Tastes like chicken
Premium Feather Member
10 Years
Sep 26, 2013
madison Indiana
hi, this is my first serama and i am having a time with it. its 4 days old and i dont see it eating ,drinking or pooping. it is so tiny i cant tell if there is anything in the crop at all. Back ground. malpositioned, feet in air sac. couldnt hatch but did a pip. small amount of blood. quarter size. Took me 17 hrs. to hatch it. it is the size of a large grape. umbilical had the waste attached it fell off today. it is in a divided cage with 2 silkie babies on the other side. Problem, doesnt seem to want to peck, lethargic. it has a loud cry. Things i have tried, wet food, rooster booster with vitamins, probiotics, electrolytes. switched from flock raiser to chick starter with vitamins and cocci meds. sugar in the water as well. today i gave it yogurt with some of the R.B. sprinkled on it then some with the feed mixed in. I did see it swallow 3 times. I have to tip its head to get the water in it. It is so very tiny I dont believe i could tube feed it. Any suggestions would be helpful please.

Dribble some water with a a supplement added over it's beak, just watch out for it's nostrils. Or keep dipping it's beak in the water. It doesn't sound very promising, I'm sorry, but keep trying and
fl.gif

Sumi, I started to pm you last night but i know you are busy so i didnt , how odd..
hugs.gif
Pretty sure he is on his way out this morning. gasping , found on his side. I have wrapped him in a sock for his journey.

Back
Top Bottom