New member seeking advice on Campbell's And Indian runners

Julieduck

Hatching
5 Years
Nov 22, 2014
:) Hi there. Only just joined BYC, thanks for having me :D I was hoping you guys could help me with some advise?
I have 2 Campbell's, 3 call ducks and 4 Indian runners. The Campbell's and call ducks I have had for 5 - 7 years now but the runners are new this year, the last 3 joining us 6 weeks ago.
One of the runner ducks and my call duck both females seem to be fighting a lot when I let them out together, is this normal?
My other question at what age do Campbell's stop laying (if they do), my girls haven't laid for months now, since Jemima, my apricot call duck, had her ducklings really, that was back in August. Is there something wrong with them? Do I need to take them to the vets? Hope you can help me :/
Very anxious Mummy

Julie

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

I don't have ducks (I'm a chicken person) but there is a thread called Runner Duck Club here on BYC, maybe someone there could help you out. Try doing a search for that thread.

Good luck, nice having you join us!

Integrating new ducks into a flock can be tough. They will fight, and eventually sort out the pecking order. If it gets to rough, separate them, but make sure the can see and hear each other--it will help them get acclimated to each other.

My Campbells and Campbell mixes take a break from laying in the winter. I don't use artificial light. If your Campbell doesn't start to lay in the spring again, she may be done. 5 to 7 years of laying is pretty good.

Back
Top Bottom