Have you ever try to get a breed, by mating two other breeds from different breed?

Petrisor

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 10, 2012
I try to obtain the ohiki breed by combining cochin china breed with yokohama. And the results was this:

But now I have a new project with phoenix and cochin china. The reason I do all of this is that: In my country which is Romania (Europe) no one owns Ohiki breed. If I really want this breed I should travel all the way till Germany... So I decided to "create" my own Ohiki using this time phoenix and cochin china.

What chance do I have to succeed, and to optein something similar ?

Let me know what you think.

Last edited:
You are asking to RE-create a breed that is already in existance. Not possible. You will always have a bird that is a mix of what you have bred together. You may produce a bird that looks "something like" the Ohiki, but it will not be one that can reproduce.the real breed. Sometimes we want something for a LONG TIME before it becomes possible. Be patient and keep sending wishes for the Ohiki--on every site that is hopeful--and somehow, they may come to you--keep hoping someone will be able to provide a start??? Good luck!!!!!!!

They are beautiful chickens even if they can't officially be called the Ohiki breed. It will be interesting to see if you can get the long tail feathers in the males if you mix with the Phoenix.

Thank you, I still try to improve the "project" :)
I also try to escape by feet feathers.

You are asking to RE-create a breed that is already in existance. Not possible. You will always have a bird that is a mix of what you have bred together. You may produce a bird that looks "something like" the Ohiki, but it will not be one that can reproduce.the real breed.

Exactly, that's what I want to get. A "something like".

A friend has already managed to get "something like".

Take a look.

Then go for it! It is a good activity, whatever we do with our chickens---- if we do not claim them to be something they are not. All chicken breeds have been mixes at one time! Good luck.

Then go for it! It is a good activity, whatever we do with our chickens---- if we do not claim them to be something they are not. All chicken breeds have been mixes at one time! Good luck.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom