Stories of Affection

jwiltrout99

Songster
7 Years
Sep 5, 2012
Grants Pass, OR
I just wanted to share a sweet experience I had with my pet rooster, Chicken Little. Just the other day I was lounging on the couch watching a sad movie. Chicken Little was perched on the arm of the couch just over my shoulder. At one point in the movie my eyes started welling up with tears. Chicken Little bent his head down and looked curiously at me. We were literally eye-to-eye. Very gently he touched my cheek with his beak where a tear had fallen. He studied me for a few more seconds, his face right in my face. He made one of his soft cooing sounds and then very gently began grooming my hair. It was as if he was trying to comfort me. He would stop every few minutes and look at my eyes as if he was checking to see if I had stopped crying! It was the sweetest thing! :-> I would love to hear other stories of affection!

Aw, that is a touching story. I saw Chicken Little's photo in the Handsome rooster thread. He is a beautiful boy.

I have one rooster named Pierre who grew up almost feral. Originally he would freak out when handled, I gradually got him comfortable with being pet, and eventually he would close his eye when I pet him. He is the head of a flock of hens now, and he still doesn't love to be picked up. But sometimes when he is looking closely at my face he will half close his eyes like he does when I pet him. Chickens are so good at making eye contact. Anyway, from Pierre it feels like a small sign of affection considering how wild he once was.

Back
Top Bottom