Dinner

cream puff

Songster
9 Years
Jul 20, 2014
I had a silkie rooster, I named him Wanker, because he was mean. He bullied the fragile little silkie hen and stole her treats, he barred her the hen scratch and he bit me when I was trying to feed him. He was also unfortunate enough to have a single comb and was therefore not fit for sale as a show bird or breeder. I tried to give him away. No one wanted him. So I looked up some recipes for Silkie, apparently they make a very healthy medicinal soup! Sooooo. Here are some before and afters of Wanker my silkie roo:

Looking angry, waiting to bite me.

yes, he has/had blue skin and was very difficult to gut because the cavity was so narrow. I couldn't actually identify two little blue kidney looking things, I assume they were kidneys.

SOUP! and fried liver!

Awesome.

Looks good! That blue skin is fascinating looking.

Those unidentified organs aren't kidneys. Chicken kidneys are quite different, and contained in small cavities right agains the base of the spine. They are the right shape and size to be testicles, but they are whitish in my experience, not dark.

Looks good! That blue skin is fascinating looking.

Those unidentified organs aren't kidneys. Chicken kidneys are quite different, and contained in small cavities right agains the base of the spine. They are the right shape and size to be testicles, but they are whitish in my experience, not dark.
I think those are the testicles, even the bones were dark blue. The soup was really good. We made Pho out of it and didn't have to add any chicken bouillon for flavour. Don't shy away from eating silkie!

I think those are the testicles, even the bones were dark blue. The soup was really good. We made Pho out of it and didn't have to add any chicken bouillon for flavour. Don't shy away from eating silkie!

I can't imagine what else they'd be--but I still don't get why they'd be dark or black like that. Now I'm curious!
tongue.png
juanmmg54, save por que son tan negros? Yo no he visto nunca un animal que hay los testiculos como esos...
idunno.gif
(Perdon, mi espanol no es bueno...)
hide.gif

Last edited:
I can't imagine what else they'd be--but I still don't get why they'd be dark or black like that. Now I'm curious!
tongue.png
juanmmg54, save por que son tan negros? Yo no he visto nunca un animal que hay los testiculos como esos...
idunno.gif
(Perdon, mi espanol no es bueno...)
hide.gif

I could cross post on the silkie thread to try to find out, but they might freak out because people get really attached to their silkies... might be funny though....

Back
Top Bottom