Rooster, what do I do?

Thechickmama

Chirping
6 Years
Dec 2, 2013
Fort Collins, co
I got three chicks around the beginning of July and I have a roo. and I don't know what to do, he just matured, if you know what I mean, and I don't know what to do, he is not at the top of the pecking order but is getting there and he is going at a EE and I don't know if I should put him in a dog crate, sell him (or trade:D), or just leave him be.

-Grace C.

Ok thanks, I don't think I could make him a whole new coop for him (where spending a lot of money for wood on our duck house) but would a 3-5 dog crate work? Of course I'd give him water and food.

Ok thanks, I don't think I could make him a whole new coop for him (where spending a lot of money for wood on our duck house) but would a 3-5 dog crate work? Of course I'd give him water and food.

Would you be able to put a little roost in it? Then it could sleep cozily. :)

Sure. You only need 3 Sq ft per chicken. But I would rig something up with pallets or material around your yard and give him A bigger space during the day to roam. You can sometimes buy chicken wire cheap on Craigslist and leftover pieces of wood.
Also my chickens LOVE ants. So maybe a wire kennel that you could put him in and move around your yard to eat Anta. ;-) Cheaper than Ant Killer.

Sure. You only need 3 Sq ft per chicken. But I would rig something up with pallets or material around your yard and give him A bigger space during the day to roam. You can sometimes buy chicken wire cheap on Craigslist and leftover pieces of wood.
Also my chickens LOVE ants. So maybe a wire kennel that you could put him in and move around your yard to eat Anta. ;-) Cheaper than Ant Killer.

Yah, but what he seems pretty chill and doesn't move much, in a good way he's just lazy and if I was to move him I would have to keep him by his girls of he gets really mad, but then the hens would want to be with him to free roam.:barnie I just don't know what to do

Back
Top Bottom