muscovy duck mating

lehcar52duck

In the Brooder
5 Years
Oct 4, 2014
philippines
My muscovies are mating how long till they lay eggs?

Do i need to prepare nest box?

How old are they? Has the female laid any eggs ever? Nesting boxes are not needed but can be helpful. I believe Muscovies are more likely to use them but it may take some training. They are not like chickens and usually need encouragement to lay in one spot. Most ducks will lay in a corner so I would take one of the boxes out. What are you feeding them? And just to make sure you do have a female and male? Do you want ducklings or are you going to collect them to eat?

How old are they? Has the female laid any eggs ever? Nesting boxes are not needed but can be helpful. I believe Muscovies are more likely to use them but it may take some training. They are not like chickens and usually need encouragement to lay in one spot. Most ducks will lay in a corner so I would take one of the boxes out. What are you feeding them? And just to make sure you do have a female and male? Do you want ducklings or are you going to collect them to eat?

Its thier 1st time laying eggs i feed them vegetables and duck layer pellets combine with ground corn, yes i have 1 male and 5 female

Its thier 1st time laying eggs i feed them vegetables and duck layer pellets combine with ground corn, yes i have 1 male and 5 female
And you being in a warm climate year round can probably have eggs anytime once mating starts, where I am Any of my Muscovy's that say hatched this past spring/summer won't mate till following year and start to lay around 7-9 months of age. No mating or egg laying from late Sept till Jan of Feb sometimes March of next year. Let us know when you get the first one,

They might lay in those boxes if you have them penned. Mine prefer a covered nest on the ground. I took a large plastic dog carrier apart and placed both ends upside down. The girls laid in them all season long. I was able to practice "birth control" this year so I wasn't over run.

Back
Top Bottom