Buff Cornish

JediJinx

Chirping
5 Years
Jul 24, 2014
Ohio
I recently saw an Ebay auction for Buff Cornish hatching eggs. The seller claims they are large birds. I am wondering if anyone has these?

Is Buff a variety of Cornish or would these maybe a hybrid?

Ideal poultry sells them, not sure if they're a SOP color or not but apparently they're not especially rare if you can get them from a hatchery. Quality of the bird may be another thing entirely......

I decided against the Dark Cornish and cancelled my order. However, I also sent the guy with the buff cornish eggs an email to see if these were straight Cornish or a cross. They look like a cross of some sort based on his photos. I am not really ready to raise any more chicks right now, but looking forward to raising some meat in the summer. I do not like the idea of the Cornish cross broilers that just lay around and cannot make it long enough to reproduce. I want chickens that have a large breast but that can also get around nicely and fit in with the layers, and can raise the next gen.

Someone told me their dark Cornish were a handful and bullied their other chickens. I definitely don't want that in the flock.

Back
Top Bottom