Rooster crowing

klilly20

Songster
5 Years
Sep 28, 2014
Kentucky, USA
I have a Rhode Island Red rooster that is 9 months old crowing at 10:00 pm, 3:00 am and of course at day break I can count on it crowing at those times. Is that normal?

Very normal.

My rooster will crow at daybreak and at dusk.

He will also crow if he hears another rooster, if he hears my Hubby coming home in the Landrover, if new people visit the property, or if he sees my cat!

- Krista

Mine crow at all hours. The rooster in the pen beside the house crows when i go outside, when i come home, when Mike comes home, when the neighbor's dog barks, he answers the other roosters, if anyone comes to the gate, when the neighbor's come home....... In other words, he crows whenever he wants to, just because he can! That's what roosters do :)

Lol!

I have two roos right now. They crow whenever they feel like it. Early morning, mid morning, afternoon, evening, middle of the night...

I love them and live FAR out in the middle of nowhere, so it's not a problem, but I know it could be for some.

I know I love the sound of rooster crowing when it echoes what we call up in the holler in some others its hollow lol.. Especially the Rhode Island reds. We have 13 week old Silkie roo in the house in brooder room he is learning to crow so he joins in with rest of them that are out side he is finally getting it down just right lol

I know I love the sound of rooster crowing when it echoes what we call up in the holler in some others its hollow lol.. Especially the Rhode Island reds. We have 13 week old Silkie roo in the house in brooder room he is learning to crow so he joins in with rest of them that are out side he is finally getting it down just right lol

Awesome!

I have a Cuckoo Marans roo who sounds like he has a 3 pack a day habit and I have a SS hamburg roo who is a Soprano. Too funny to hear them crowing back and forth...

I miss my roosters. They all died from one thing or another. They were all accidental, but I really loved hearing them crow. Enjoy your roosters while you have them.

Back
Top Bottom