Still can't tell and more curious...rooster?

BusyBearMama

Songster
5 Years
Apr 25, 2014
New York State
11 week "Easter egger" ameraucana/arunaca mix 'pullet' in theory.
[/IMG] they are all 11 weeks. The 2 are huge, one Espescially and that one (the one with the largest comb) is very noisy, constantly up on things and the other large one even gets up on the top of the brooder and this last week got lovely rust colored shoulder feathers. They're both similar height when they stand up tall which they frequently do. They are notably larger than the others as seen in the photo. I'm curious still (I posted at about 8 weeks?) do they seem like roos to anyone or am I overthinking, my husband says just wait and see stop scrutinizing the chickens lol. But I'm a scrutinizer ;) if they're roosters it will be an amusing spring

Ah good someone else sees it! The one I think will be crowing soon if he truly is. The other if a roo is a late bloomer... Here's a pic of the second one laying down, biggest 11 week old "pullet' lol ever... Makes a cackling sound when I pick him up. He also has huge hackles. I call him Edith - when and technically if he crows I think he's going with Eddy

Last edited:
I'm not seeing any roosters there, sorry. Better pics (profile shots of each bird standing naturally in good light) would help, but at 11 weeks my cockerels have all been very obvious and I'm just not seeing it here.

My easter eggers were really obvious by 10 weeks... The one on the right here was a cockerel:

And here was a pullet:

None of yours look as obviously male as mine did. :) As donrae said, more pictures with natural lighting would help though.

Back
Top Bottom