Can you guess the breed

Randy54sm

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 7, 2014
Anderson, Indiana
Well I'm new to the chicken's thing as an adult. Worked with them when I was just a child and most households back then had a few chicken's running around in the back yard. I've picked these up for free. They are still laying and I know they won't be for much longer. Being new and just a little intimidated about the responsibility of being responsible for there well being and humain treatment. So to start me out here I would love to know about this breed.

Hello again. I met you earlier in the new member section where I mentioned that they were all Red Sex Links when I saw your pic. Red Sex Links are not actually a breed, but hybrids. They are produced by crossing a red gene rooster with a silver gene hen. Not only can the resulting offspring be sexed by color from hatching, they are egg laying machines, outlaying either parent breed. It's one of the interesting quirks of hybridization. Hatcheries market Red Sex Links under a lot of different labels including Red Star, Gold Sex Link, Gold Star, Brown Sex Link, Cinnamon Queen, Bovans brown, Golden Buff, Golden Comet, Hubbard Golden Comet, Isa Brown, Babcock Brown, Warrens, HyLines, Gold Lines, Lohmans, Lohmans Brown, Brown Shaver, Red Shaver, etc.

Back
Top Bottom