Rossi ...my heart aches for you...

Suzie

Crowing
13 Years
Jul 9, 2009
Auvergne

My darling Rossi...I never contemplated the heartache that you could/would be experiencing right now....I have had the honour of having you in my life for over six years now and we have shared the heartache and loss of so many of our beloved companions....your best friend " Stripes" has been missing now for three days and nights....you know that she will not be coming come....I have searched until late at night for her..no sign....

You are sat in the duck house right now...not engaging with your companions...hiding your face in a corner...I know you are lost in your grief and I am so very sorry for you...life will never be the same again...that much I do so well understand...I wish for you to know that I am hurting so much inside for you....

Don't anyone tell me that ducks and so many other animals do not mourn....every living creature has feelings....

Rossi is no better....not eating much and is not interacting with her mates...she will venture outside for a few minutes and then goes back into her duck house....she is still face to the wall...the other ducks and geese she shares her house with will try to entice her to participate in their activities...she is extremely unhappy and I am afraid she may give up on life...

I hope she starts showing some interest very soon....treats I offer her are refused...

Rossi I will be utterly heartbroken if you do not rally round...you are the most beautiful duck I have ever owned....apparently you are a "mule"...and right now you are as stubborn as one....I only know that she is a mule as I posted a photograph of her some time ago asking if anyone knew her breed and the general conclusion was that she was "part Muscovy"

Fingers crossed that you will show some signs of wishing to live without your lifelong companion Stripes....

My darling Rossi...I never contemplated the heartache that you could/would be experiencing right now....I have had the honour of having you in my life for over six years now and we have shared the heartache and loss of so many of our beloved companions....your best friend " Stripes" has been missing now for three days and nights....you know that she will not be coming come....I have searched until late at night for her..no sign....

You are sat in the duck house right now...not engaging with your companions...hiding your face in a corner...I know you are lost in your grief and I am so very sorry for you...life will never be the same again...that much I do so well understand...I wish for you to know that I am hurting so much inside for you....

Don't anyone tell me that ducks and so many other animals do not mourn....every living creature has feelings....
That almost made me cry. I almost feel worse for grieving animals than I do for humans because you can't explain loss to an animal. She is a gorgeous duck. Is she typically friendly with you, or is she more one of those that shies away from humans other than for feed and water? I was wondering it if would be possible to spend a lot of time with her, and maybe even cuddle her if she allows that.

Rescue Remedy is a wonderful product. I use the sprays, day and nighttime, when I am stressed and use them on all the animals. I have used it on every species we have at different times. It is good for grief, stress that a new pet is under, and general adjustment to new things. It cannot hurt and maybe will help. I do find it effective. I used it regularly for a bit when my Dad died this summer.

Rescue Remedy is a wonderful product. I use the sprays, day and nighttime, when I am stressed and use them on all the animals. I have used it on every species we have at different times. It is good for grief, stress that a new pet is under, and general adjustment to new things. It cannot hurt and maybe will help. I do find it effective. I used it regularly for a bit when my Dad died this summer.
I also used it when going through radiation, also essential oils wonderful alternatives to man made drugs. I'm sorry you lost your dad this past summer, We just moved my dad in with us this past Sept.

I have used Rescue Remedy for my dogs.
Thanks veronicasmom and Miss Lydia for the suggestion of Rescue Remedy....I can obtain this through ebay france but as we are approaching Christmas I cannot get delivery until January...I will buy some anyway as having read up on this product it appears to be excellent for...stress...shock and so many other problems...

JadeComputerGal..

Rossi is normally very loving and I am spending a great deal of my time with her...however, she will lie face to the wall when I have to leave her...I took her outside this morning and she just stood looking into the distance..she has no interest whatsoever in her flockmates...I went inside the duck house to start the cleaning and Rossi appeared and laid down in her corner...she does not even quack any more...

I spend most of my day with the animals...I know them all very well and this is so much out of character for Rossi...she would normally be one of the bossy and greedy ducks..pecking the backsides of any ducks that were ahead of her at the feeders...I can only hope that she will find herself again...Freddie, a goose tries to engage her to participate in the goings on ...Freddie is quite sensitive and appears to know that Rossi is very unhappy...Freddie is also sleeping by her side at night now...maybe...just maybe they will become companions and venture outside together soon....

That is my Christmas wish...

Thanks to everyone for your kind words....

Back
Top Bottom