Call duck egg production

Crazy4Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Nov 20, 2014
My duck coop
Hey guys I have recently been looking at call ducks... They are soo cute and small. I am wondering how much eggs do they lay a year. Perticulary the blue call duck. How much do they lay. Thanks! @Amykins you have a call duck. Could you help me out

Calls are known to be horrible layers. According to Storey's Guide 25-75 eggs a year. They are also known to be loud and can fly very well. However they are very cute and make good house ducks.

Hey guys I have recently been looking at call ducks... They are soo cute and small. I am wondering how much eggs do they lay a year. Perticulary the blue call duck. How much do they lay. Thanks! @Amykins you have a call duck. Could you help me out

Yeah, sadly Calls are dismal at egg laying. BUT, they're explicitly bred to be cute, small, and full of personality and affection. If you want a duck that'll make a good pet and will make your head explode with cuteness, you can't beat a Call. If you're hoping to get a lot of eggs though...sadly you'll have to look elsewhere. :/

Yeah, sadly Calls are dismal at egg laying. BUT, they're explicitly bred to be cute, small, and full of personality and affection. If you want a duck that'll make a good pet and will make your head explode with cuteness, you can't beat a Call. If you're hoping to get a lot of eggs though...sadly you'll have to look elsewhere. :/
Ok thanks. We have ordered golden 300 hybrid layer ducks. They lay a lot of eggs.

They have a very short laying period it's not that they are bad layers, just short duration as i found when mine laid i had eggs coming out my ears but felt like as soon as it began it was over, a few set clutches but never resumed to laying again, mine have not laid in months.

Last edited:
They have a very short laying period it's not that they are bad layers, just short duration as i found when mine laid i had eggs coming out my ears but felt like as soon as it began it was over, a few set clutches but never resumed to laying again, mine have not laid in months.
You have golden 300 hybrid layers? They haven't laid in months?

Back
Top Bottom