Need HELP! Is there a way to reduce or stop rooster crowing!

Crazy4Fowl

Songster
9 Years
Nov 20, 2014
My duck coop
I live in an area that doesn't allow rooster unless they don't crow very loud and a lot. I am thinking on getting a japenese bantam chicken. Its the same chicken that grow up with my mille fleur and my mille fleur needs a friend. But this is the only bantam they have (the other one died) and I want one that grew up with her. I asked the owner and he said the rooster doesnt crow a lot but still crows. I need to know is there a way to reduce or stop the roosters crowing?
Thanks Crazy4Fowl
smile.png

I've noticed that everyone who suggests the no-crow collar has never tried them. Is there anyone out there who has, and does it work? Personally, I don't need one, and if I lived in an area where I couldn't have a rooster, I would not have one. I don't believe it's right to inhibit a rooster from doing what he naturally does. But that's just my opinion. I would think at least that the collar would not cause them pain or harm like a surgery would, and I can't imagine that a rooster would like being stuffed in a box for however long from evening until morning to hide or muffle his crows.

I've noticed that everyone who suggests the no-crow collar has never tried them. Is there anyone out there who has, and does it work? Personally, I don't need one, and if I lived in an area where I couldn't have a rooster, I would not have one. I don't believe it's right to inhibit a rooster from doing what he naturally does. But that's just my opinion. I would think at least that the collar would not cause them pain or harm like a surgery would, and I can't imagine that a rooster would like being stuffed in a box for however long from evening until morning to hide or muffle his crows.

There's an entire tread devoted to the topic, with many people who use them saying they work, and many people saying they don't. Personally, I utterly disagree with you. If a collar or surgery means a long, happy life rather than freezer camp, that seems like a pretty good trade.

There's an entire tread devoted to the topic, with many people who use them saying they work, and many people saying they don't. Personally, I utterly disagree with you. If a collar or surgery means a long, happy life rather than freezer camp, that seems like a pretty good trade.
I think the rooster would rather be alive
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom