New chicks

ChristieB

Songster
5 Years
Dec 13, 2014
Queensland
Me again, I contacted the lady I got my last Pekins that turned out to be roosters, and she has brought in these 2 for me, they are roughly 10 weeks old, supposedly hens,
I'm unsure about the black ones tail though. I don't particularly care if it's a cross breed I just don't want to have another rooster!!!

And while I'm asking, I know this ones a rooster. Started crowing at 8 weeks! But is it pekin or bantam araucana or a cross, it also had leg feathers as a chick but they were pecked off and haven't regrown

The black bird in the first photo is a hen. She may be a Booted Bantam, or a Booted Bantam mix. I'm not sure about the other hen in the photo.

Your confirmed rooster looks like a mixed breed, possibly with some Araucana in him.

Got a better picture of the little black one, she says she doesn't have any OEG or booted bantams but I still don't know what it is!

beside the 2 Pekins,

Do they look the same age to you? I've asked and she assures me they were hatched the same day, I wouldn't have thought there would be so much difference

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom