72 hhour trip coming up

Wxguru

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 2, 2014
ARKANSAS
Hello all....i am going to be headed out for 72hrs almost exactly in near future. I have 6 chicks....that are almost 8 weeks old. They are 99% feathered out. I have them in a brooder in my garage that is 3x8. And i have had a heat lamp turned on but sideways only so they are getting some light during the evening and a little residual heat.
I have a feeder that gets them thru 5 days and a gallon waterer that is lasting atleast 4 days right now.
I am wanting to just turn the light completely off when i leave so they get the natural light in the morning and learn to sleep at night thru the night. They normally have just natural light during day and heat lamp light after 8 p.m. so they are getting some true dark time now.
temps will be in the low 30s at night...and garage low 40s i think. Just ensuring this wouldnt be a bad plan....or would it. :)

They will be going out in the coop in about 2 weeks...wanted to make sure they have good meat on their bones before sending them out in the cool/cold coop full time. :)

Back
Top Bottom