Sexing of Ayam Cemani chicks

EpicBlueAcres

Songster
7 Years
Jun 23, 2012
Ransomville,NY
These 2 just turned 6 weeks tonight, any thoughts on sex? Look like hens to me bit I'm not very good at this

Thankyou and FYI They are ayam cemani, Toni Marie lines; its my cell phones camera to get the faces clear it makes the flesh a white/grey (wjen I look at it ) but apparently reads yellow ish on your screen. Its a common problem (see the cemani threads pg 88). They have jet black beaks.The only color issue with these 2 is grey tongue & the one has clear/white tip on some toe nails (have to see how it grows out). See my previous photos of the same birds, jet black but can't make out faces to see comb wattles for sexing (all pics are unfocused nature light, the 2 groups I posted above where forced focused shots)...

Last edited:
The legs and beaks didn't look that yellow to me. After taking pictures of my beautiful chickie-babies (different breeds), and even some of their blue and green eggs, I know what a flash can do. I'm not an expert, I just think your birds are beautiful.

Last edited:
The legs and beaks didn't look that yellow to me. After taking pictures of my beautiful chickie-babies (different breeds), and even some of their blue and green eggs, I know what a flash can do. I'm not an expert, I just think your birds are beautiful. 

Thankyou, they don't look yellow on my screen just washed out, but when I saw the first comment figured I need to correct false info. I too have horrid time getting blue eggs to show up anything but pale blue or even white sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom