red jungle fowl egg

HotChiCks8

Hatching
5 Years
Dec 21, 2014

Can you tell me if this egg is still working?

I'm new to the whole incubating thing and I cant find anywhere what temp to incubate Red Jungle fowl eggs at does anyone know?? If so that would be really great!

I'm new to the whole incubating thing and I cant find anywhere what temp to incubate Red Jungle fowl eggs at does anyone know?? If so that would be really great!
99.5 in a forced air incubator seems to be a recommended incubation temperature for most fowl species if you can't find a more specific recommendation.

Ok thanks! Do you know what the humidity should be at? One more question this might be a kinda dumb question but Is the turning and lock-down the same as any other egg?

It depends on your incubator, but follow the proportional air cell charts and candle after a week to see if you need to alter humidity.

I run about 38% during incubation, that works best in my incubator, and bump to 65% for hatching. Others use widely different numbers so I think it is highly dependent on the incubator itself.

And yes, lockdown 3 days before hatch date would be the same. I'm not sure if they'd be a 19 or 21 day incubation, though.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom