Nuttyfrom6kids

Songster
6 Years
May 6, 2013
Upstate NY
Date: Saturday May 30th

Time: 11am until ?

Location. 5774 W. Ava Rd. Ava, NY 13303

Come one Come all! All are welcome to attend.

There will be a Chinese auction and potluck meal. Donations are welcome. I will keep a list of what is volunteered.
You are more than welcome to bring birds, eggs, or other things to sell. If bringing live animals please have them caged with food/water dishes. I have water on site to fill dishes. If you are buying or getting live animals please bring your own cage/box with water dish to bring them home. Please bring your own chair.
This is a rain or shine event. We will have a large garage to use if need be but if you have your own pop up tent please bring it if you can.

Last edited:
Yay, the thread is up! Can't wait to see everyone again. Last year was so much fun.

Document with what people have to sell. Click to see what you can buy!

The above document is what people have told me they will have for sale. Please pm them if you are interested in what they have.

Raffle Items

Above is what people have said they will bring for our raffle this year! The raffle is done yearly to help defray the costs of holding the chickenstock for our host, and all proceeds go to them to cover costs such as renting a port a potty etc. It is a Chinese Auction so all donated items have a bag set in front of them and you buy tickets to put in the bag. At raffle time, tickets are drawn, and whoever has the winning ticket gets to collect their prize. Please consider donating something if you are attending!

Chickenstock Potluck

This is what people will be bringing for our potluck. We have one each year so we can all eat and chat and have a good time. If you are coming please bring something for it! If you are coming from far away and food won't travel well, we do always need people to bring things like plates and cups, plastic silverware, chips etc so those are all options.

I should have to bring (pm me if interested):

Jumbo pharaoh coturnix quail hatching eggs $.75 an egg, I can hatch them if needed so if you want chicks give me a shout and we can work out a price.

Welsh Harlequin Hatching Eggs $30 a dozen, can probably do 3 dozen if they cooperate

Welsh Harlequin Ducklings $5 straight run, $6 male, $7 female, will throw in a free male for every four females ordered, they're critically endangered and really need people to breed them. Please let me know in advance if you want ducklings so I can plan my hatching schedule.

EE hatching eggs and general mix breed eggs, could be naked neck, $6 a dozen.

Ayam Cemani hatching eggs - I may have some of these for sale, probably at something like $100 for a half dozen or $20 an egg. Could probably do a bigger discount if you'd like more than six. Not sure if I'll have any ready for chickenstock though, but hopefully I will.

Last edited:
Subscribe...
1f603.png

Count me IN Nutty ! Pm me the addy (I'll prob be bringing Pyxis and Bakin)

I'll bring snack crackers - in packets kids can grab and go. Coupla cases. Plus Saltines to dip and spread other yummies on.

I'll donate 2 bottles of wine for the raffle.

WANT:

Used and nicely priced bee keeping stuff - I'm starting from nothing at all. I'm poor - so make sure you understand that.
gig.gif

Breeder Program Cull Pullets - Marans, Buckeye, Leghorns

For Sale:

I'll have 2 old-fashioned deep purple lilacs for sale $5.00 each - potted, small off shoots - been on my farm for decades.

Potted Wild Plum trees $5.00 limit of 10 to sell (last time I tried it bare root - and they don't go overnight well - so I gave them away)
I'll have them all potted and well watered this time.

Organic/Vegan hand/body lotion in glass (not plastic). Different scents. Can also be used as a lip balm. $5.50 each at 1/2 pint and still less than you find in stores. :) Note my rant about the cost of non-GMO's in the regular thread ... this stuff can be affordable - if we keep it out of the hands of big business.

Barnyard hatching eggs if anyone is interested - let me know - tending toward dark brown, brown spotted and green to olive.

Boskelli has dibs on the Hatching Millie Eggs - I only have 3 hens - so can only promise 1 dozen, can have one backup order in case they are crazy good at laying.

Last edited:
Count me in! I'll be there not sure what I'll be bringing, probably some side dish of some sort. May have some things for sale, but won't know till it gets a little closer...So excited!
celebrate.gif

Yay, the thread is up! Can't wait to see everyone again. Last year was so much fun.

I should have to bring (pm me if interested):

Crested Cream Legbars pairs (limited) $20

Crested Cream Legbar trios (limited) $30

Extra Crested Cream Legbar cockerels $5

Crested Cream Legbar hatching eggs $30 a dozen, could probably do 2 dozen for Chickenstock
Jumbo pharaoh coturnix quail hatching eggs $.75 an egg, I can hatch them if needed so if you want chicks give me a shout and we can work out a price.

Welsh Harlequin Hatching Eggs $30 a dozen, can probably do 3 dozen if they cooperate
Welsh Harlequin Ducklings $5 straight run, $6 male, $7 female, will throw in a free male for every four females ordered, they're critically endangered and really need people to breed them. Please let me know in advance if you want ducklings so I can plan my hatching schedule.

Buff Orpington hatching eggs, utility quality, $10 a dozen. Not good for showing, but good egg layers, meat birds, and broodies.

EE hatching eggs and general mix breed eggs, could be naked neck, $6 a dozen.

Ayam Cemani hatching eggs - I may have some of these for sale, probably at something like $100 for a half dozen or $20 an egg. Could probably do a bigger discount if you'd like more than six. Not sure if I'll have any ready for chickenstock though, but hopefully I will.

Well now I can't commit at this time, but would like some Crested Cream legbars.

I'd like to get some more ducks and hope there'll be money to have a small pond dug.

I've got to come but can't say what DW will make to bring. For Tabs we brought a box of burgers from Maines. She made this potato dish she saw on the Pioneer woman show. It was pretty good.

We do have some of those heat tray thingies. Probably should bring one.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom