Free ranging geese and muscovies in an orchard with a stream in the middle

macgro7

Songster
6 Years
Oct 10, 2013
Leicester, East, Midlands, England, UK
Our new garden is about one acre. We have a brook flowing throught the middle of it.
My problem is I'm not sure how to free range my gees and muscovies around here.

How do you recommend I should secure the brook? I want them to use the water but don't want them to swim away...

Our new garden is about one acre. We have a brook flowing throught the middle of it.
My problem is I'm not sure how to free range my gees and muscovies around here.

How do you recommend I should secure the brook? I want them to use the water but don't want them to swim away...
fencing is about the only way. I've seen where they fence right across the water to the other side. Of course the whole area would have to be fenced or they would eventually just walk around to get into the brook on the other side.

welcome-byc.gif

fencing is about the only way. I've seen where they fence right across the water to the other side. Of course the whole area would have to be fenced or they would eventually just walk around to get into the brook on the other side.

welcome-byc.gif
i agree...i did it with a creek once.

sounds like waterfowl heaven!

Update:
I fenced of the brook, but ducks learnt to squeeze through it and go in the water! So did goslings and young muscovies! They go for swim, eat some snails and bugs and come back.
That is great, others have posted they totally lost their ducks they went down stream never to return.

Back
Top Bottom