No one looking out this morning

Frank758

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 23, 2012

I have 7 silkies one a Roo and two Rhode Island Red hens and no one is looking out of this hen house this morning in Ky.looks like about 3 inches here in lex, ky. I lined the back out their run with straw and covered it with a tarp so they can run around there. Anyone's chickens like to stand in deep snow?

Ha, no! My chickens have barely left the coop all this winter. They come out in the warmest part of the day, like 3 pm, to get a drink, and sometimes to lay an egg in one of the doghouses I use as outside nests, but that is about it. They sit on the roosts and, perhaps, gossip with each other.

Glory no. Their royal highness expect me to shovel for them.

They look at the snow, look at me with a crooked head and one eye that commands 'you make this go away. I'll be back later to check your work' and then they strut back to bed.

Luckily we've been short on snow, so far, this year, brain numbingly cold (except for the past 3 weeks), but little snow.

Last edited:
^ :gig I've seen that look a few times myself!

Wow Frank758, yall got a good bit of the white stuff up there in KY! We got a dusting here in TN, but it looks like most of traveled your way (thank goodness, ours is already gone).

Back
Top Bottom