Greetings Everyone!

Evschick

Hatching
Jan 25, 2015
Hi there,

I've been visiting this site for a couple of years now and decided I should become a member so that I can be active in conversations. Currently I have a dozen chickens (barred rocks, sexlinks, rhode island reds, and araucanas). Eleven laying girls and a beautiful and friendly rooster. We'll be incubating some eggs this spring for some additional layers and also purchasing some broiler birds that'll be raised separately in a chicken trailer.

The main reason I was inspired to go ahead and join the site is because I'm hoping to get a few Emu this spring also! I've always loved emu and wanted them, and am extremely excited! I found someone from right here on Virginia's wonderful Eastern Shore who keeps Emu and I'm hoping to make contact and get my new, big birds locally (as well as loads of advice!).

Looking forward to many a good backyard bird conversations!

welcome-byc.gif
I'm glad you joined us!

It sounds like you have a nice flock! Good luck with your future Emus.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Good luck with your future Emus! They seem like very interesting birds to raise, but sadly, I don't have the space.

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sounds like you are well and truly in the grasp of chicken math.
wink.png

Emus, eh? Well, they say chickens are a gateway bird . . . .
gig.gif

Enjoy your ventures, and keep us posted now that you are "officially" among us!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Are your sex links, Black Sex Links or Red Sex Links?

Back
Top Bottom