Alabama Call Ducklings Wanted!

AmandaVirginia

Songster
Jan 24, 2015
Laguna Beach, FL
I have a pair of grey calls and a male snowy call. I want a female snowy duckling and a female white duckling. If anyone in Alabama has any Call Ducks laying or hatching sometime soon this spring, please let me know. Really want these boogers. Cost isn't a concern. Thanks so much everyone! :)

No theres actually not many call ducks in the south, the only offical call duck hatcheries i found were in texas and Lousisana, but i have a local guy here who does call ducks, they are not Npip certified but its worth doing that my self when they are such great show quality.

There's one breeder here, who's local for me, that I got my male & female grey call pair from as well as my male snowy call! He's great and my almost 6 month old calls are so sweet and beautiful! I'll be getting my female snowy call duckling and female white call duckling from him in March also! I'm so impatient! Lol, I can't wait for my other two little boogers!

When a pair of grey calls throw a snowy or white call - what's the best way to be able to tell if the little yellow baby is a snowy or white call? Also, I really want two females but my breeder doesn't sex the day old ducklings. Is there an educated guess I can make, to where I'll hopefully luckily pick two females? I'm PRAYING that I choose two sweet little girls!

Last edited:
look up welsh halequin ducklings and thats what snowys should look like, they have darker yellow

The guy has butterscitch, snowy, pied, magpie, pastel, snowy, blue, black bibbed, bluefawn, and grey calls, but he doesnt pay attention to the colors of the ducklings born so he has no idea what a snowy or butterscitch duckling looks like so thats all me , it kinda sucks

Back
Top Bottom