• My chickens loved it!

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters

Garjzla

Crowing
5 Years
Nov 28, 2014
Oregon
This is a little idea I thought chickens would LOVE. You get those little bread shaped pans, set the aside (put lots of olive oil on to make it slippery) and then get the ingredients!

Things you need:
White flour
Bird seed (Or chicken feed, or just your chickens favorite treat!)
Water
Baking powder
Oats (optional)
Apple sauce (optional)
Apples (Or another type of fruit)

Now, there's no measurement of flour and water, but you need one teaspoon of baking powder. You need enough to fill the pan half way. It should be smooth, a little runny, and pretty sticky.

Set the oven to 350 degrees

Mix the flour and water together until you get a kinda sticky, a little runny textured mix. Put about three cups of bird seed in and mix well. Then put 1/2 a cup of oats in. Mix again.
Now put one cup of apple sauce in. Chickens can have pretty much anything so it doesn't matter what flavor it is.

Cut up half a apple into tiny pieces and put them in a bowl and set them aside. Put the mix into the pan and then place the apple pieces onto the top of the mix that is in the pan.

Put it in the oven for about 22 minutes, check often. It should have a little bit of a soft bread texture.

I have NOT made this yet but it is based on a parakeet bread recipe I made, but has different things in it, so it should work. And you're chickens should love it!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom