Look at this egg!!

ascott99

In the Brooder
5 Years
Nov 14, 2014

So found these in the coop today. We usually get 3 eggs a day. 2 brown ones and one blue/green one. We have 4 hens so I always assumed the two of my black sex links were laying the 2 brown a day and one of my two ameraucana hens was laying the blue/green one. That would leave one hen not laying...
Anyways why is this egg so small??

here is another image to show you how small it really is compared to the eggs we normally get each day

Fairy/wind/rooster/fart egg. Just a fluke in the system. Happens once in a while. It's cute! Might not have a yolk or might have a tiny little yolk. Nothing is wrong and you may or may not see another one. It's just something that happens sometimes.

Fairy/wind/rooster/fart egg. Just a fluke in the system. Happens once in a while. It's cute! Might not have a yolk or might have a tiny little yolk. Nothing is wrong and you may or may not see another one. It's just something that happens sometimes.

Interesting! It's adorable! Thanks for the reply

Could be your 4th pullet has started laying....or, as noted, could be a glitch from one of the sexlinks.

I assume that all your birds are young?

Could be one of the sexlinks laid 2 eggs in one day, one of them being very small with no yolk...
.....happens sometimes, especially with young production layer breeds

Back
Top Bottom