Rescued Battery Hens !

chirpy chicks

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jun 18, 2014
A few weeks ago I rescued these 5 ex-battery hens Ruby Zeeza Sacha Mississipi and Felicity and I thought you might like to see some photos of them........
yippiechickie.gif
!

Here are them now .....

Mississipi

Sassy

Mississipi and Ruby

Zeeza and Sacha

Before and After (three weeks of freedom)

WOW - What an incredible difference.

You are obviously doing an outstanding job bringing them back to health.

I extend my very best wishes to you and your girls, along with my appreciation for giving them a second chance at life.

- Krista

wow what a difference! good for you taking them on. how long have you had them for now?

WOW - What an incredible difference.

You are obviously doing an outstanding job bringing them back to health.

I extend my very best wishes to you and your girls, along with my appreciation for giving them a second chance at life.

- Krista

WOW! What an amazing transformation! This is why I got my own chickens, to avoid promoting the commercial egg industry.
I considered buying organic/free range eggs, but when I looked up the definitions, the official definition of free range was certainly not my definition of free range! It's a lot better than battery cages, but I know for a fact that each of my chickens have a good, humane life!
You've done such a great job with these chickens! Oh, and the chicken sweaters was an adorable way to keep them warm while their feathers grew back, love it

WOW! What an amazing transformation! This is why I got my own chickens, to avoid promoting the commercial egg industry.
I considered buying organic/free range eggs, but when I looked up the definitions, the official definition of free range was certainly not my definition of free range! It's a lot better than battery cages, but I know for a fact that each of my chickens have a good, humane life!
You've done such a great job with these chickens! Oh, and the chicken sweaters was an adorable way to keep them warm while their feathers grew back, love it
Thanks !

A few weeks ago I rescued these 5 ex-battery hens Ruby Zeeza Sacha Mississipi and Felicity and I thought you might like to see some photos of them........
yippiechickie.gif
!

Here are them now .....

Mississipi

Sassy

Mississipi and Ruby

Zeeza and Sacha

Before and After (three weeks of freedom)

god bless you!
yesterday I bought 2 pullets which are meant to be battery-chicken. they are about 3 months old. I have just found out that their beaks have been clipped! I hate people who do that. here is a photo of one of them:

Last edited:
god bless you!
yesterday I bought 2 pullets which are meant to be battery-chicken. they are about 3 months old. I have just found out that their beaks have been clipped! I hate people who do that. here is a photo of one of them:

Aww ! Here's two more photo's of mine ... Zeeza and Sacha ( the photos are from a few weeks ago thats why they look worse)

Back
Top Bottom