chicks won't eat organic.

Carly Avgeris

In the Brooder
Jan 28, 2015
kane county Illinois
When I got our day old chicks this week, we gave them medicated chick starter. It's almost as fine as dust. Last night I bought organic chick starter feed, made by the same company as their other starter feed. When I opened the bag,I noticed the feed is a bit bigger than the fine feed they had before. They won't eat the organic chick starter!! So this morning I switched it back to the old kind and they ate it like ,crazy. What can I do? I want to feed them organic.

When I got our day old chicks this week, we gave them medicated chick starter. It's almost as fine as dust. Last night I bought organic chick starter feed, made by the same company as their other starter feed. When I opened the bag,I noticed the feed is a bit bigger than the fine feed they had before. They won't eat the organic chick starter!! So this morning I switched it back to the old kind and they ate it like ,crazy. What can I do? I want to feed them organic.

Grind the organic feed down to fine and try again. It is probably just too big. Also, just to be safe, smell the organic food to make sure there is nothing wrong with it.
welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom