What did it ??

Eggz2go

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 25, 2013
North Florida
My chickengs free range and I have lost several at different times but yesterday I lost one that was different. Something just bit the head off and left the chicken, I have never seen that before and wonder if anyone has an idea what it may have been.

My chickengs free range and I have lost several at different times but yesterday I lost one that was different. Something just bit the head off and left the chicken, I have never seen that before and wonder if anyone has an idea what it may have been.
Around here it is hawks.

Hawks usually take the chicken and they were in deep brush cover, wild cherry bushes, coyote and the rest usually also take the chicken. Most times dogs just kill it and leave it. Around here if you lose 20 or 30 it is usually a pack of dogs. I have had about every thing get them but never just take off the head and leave it. Thanks for the reply.

Hawks usually take the chicken and they were in deep brush cover, wild cherry bushes, coyote and the rest usually also take the chicken. Most times dogs just kill it and leave it. Around here if you lose 20 or 30 it is usually a pack of dogs. I have had about every thing get them but never just take off the head and leave it. Thanks for the reply.
Deep brush, a hog maybe?

When I had free range chicken, this time of year I lost a number of them to Great Horned Owls. They would remove only the head and neck. I know for sure because I saw them do it. They are very powerful predators. Lost them both day and night.

Back
Top Bottom