Any idea at bantam breed?

msheets

Songster
9 Years
May 13, 2010
Hurricane, WV

Where'd you get it? It's really hard to tell from what sources you have given. I would examine your bird does it have feather legs? Does it have a certain amount of toes? Did it possibly come from a mixed breed mating? Did it come from a hatchery? This is how breeds are normally discovered by process of elimination by special features. Also keep in mind it's so hard to tell at a young age.

Clean legged, normal toes. Came from ideal poultry so it's just a "hatchery" quality pure bred. I know a lot of bantam breeds but not all as chicks, in hoping as unique looking it is that it'll be easier to tell

Part of the problem is the uniqueness of the color/pattern. Chicks of the same breed and color variety could look completely different.

Looks like it has a single comb? What color are the legs (pink, white, yellow, etc.)? Also looks like the wing feathers have started in, do you have a pic of the color/pattern on the feathers? I want to say the down color/pattern looks like it could be splash, but I could be wrong. Coming from Ideal, I would say it's probably an old english game.

Did you order specific breeds, or an assortment? Was it added as an extra, maybe?

I would really love to buy Ideal's breed "catalogs" (they refer to them as notebooks), but there are 3 of them and I think each one is $30. It would make identifying their chicks a lot easier, but I don't have that kind of money.

Back
Top Bottom