Help! first time hatching!

rcrisantos

Chirping
Feb 5, 2015
Hello everyone, I have 17 duck eggs in my incubator, its about day 20 as I took them in after my momma duck got snatched up a wild animal. They all have veining and i can see them react when they get candled. My biggest concern is that I've had them upside down in their turner the whole time. What do I do now?? Please help

welcome-byc.gif
Turn them big end up. If they were mine I would take them out of the turner prior to hatching and lie them on their side. Good luck.

Thanks so much! That is what I did and now hoping for the best. It conerns me that they look real different when I tried candling, do you think a matter of about 30 minutes having them right side up, opposite of how i had them (which was wrong side up) and then laying them down on their sides would affect them? Again, thank you for your help!

Yes,I just ckecked them again and they look back to normal, phew! I will now be turning them myself :)

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Welcome to BYC!!! There are loads of members on here…so if you have ANY questions…just ASK!!!

Hope you have loads of fun and all your answers answered here on BYC the BEST CHICKEN KEEPING FORUM on EARTH!!

welcome-byc.gif
celebrate.gif

Thanks so much! I went through a few moments of panic yesterday, but luckily received great advice and things are looking back to promising :) fingers crossed and my duckies will start trying to hatch on Tuesday!

Hello again. As I'm getting ready for hatching, I'm getting anxious as to what to expect. I feel like my duckies are behind for some reason, it could be paranoia but I'd rather be safe than sorry. When should I expect to be able to see progress? When should I step in? What should I NOT do?? Please help!!

Back
Top Bottom