baby formula

We feed our chickens powdered milk and we make the bagged potatoes and give those to them, never thought about baby formula, we use to give them fresh cows milk too, I'm sorry that was no help!!
roll.png

-Nicole

Chick starter, clean water is really all they need. We give yogurt and kefir for good probiotics.

They don't need formula. Mixtures of minerals and vitamins can overload them and be too much.

I wouldn't give it to them.

I know they don't need baby formula, but it is good food, and expensive, and if I don't feed it to something I will have to just toss it out.

I like the poultry more than I like the dog, which is why I would rather feed it to them. but obviously I don't want to kill them.

If I mixed it up like you would for a human baby...wouldn't that be OK? Kinda like feeding milk?

And the poultry are all about 15 weeks old.

While there is a bit of debate on the subject, most sources I've read say to avoid dairy products wtih poultry.

In very small amounts it probably wouldn't hurt them, but they are lactose intolerant so more than a small amount may give them some seroius digestive upset. UNLESS the forumla is lactose free/soy.

Just my thoughts...

I'm with TVTaber - a food bank or local domestic violence shelter will take it if it hasn't expired.

If you have cats/kittens or know someone who does, give it to them. A farmer friend of ours feeds his outdoor cats milk replacer all winter and they get nice and fat and healthy on it.

Back
Top Bottom