Pekin/Mallard Cross

TeenDuckLady

Chirping
5 Years
Mar 15, 2014
East Texas

This is Popcorn, he is a Pekin/Mallard cross. You can't tell that he has Pekin in him except for the white tips on his wings and his size.
He really is the most beautiful Drake I have. I got lucky when I was hatching him, because he had SO MANY complications. He has dressed up for several occasions(I can post those adorable pictures later).
I have bred him with my female Pekin, so the ducklings I get out of this batch should have beautiful colorings,(if they're anything like Popcorn)

love.gif

I have what I believe is a pekin/mallard male and female. Snowflake is the female, and and I am certain her father is my male mallard, Potato. She was mostly yellow as a baby, with black on her head and tail. But she darkened up as molted, which is made me think she her mother was my Welsh harlequin female. But now that she's grown, I'm thinking maybe her mom is actually Waffles, my beloved pekin that died a few weeks ago. It would be just great to have a Waffles/Potato baby.

Snowflake's head and neck are very round and thick, like Waffles, and she carries her squarish body low to the ground, whereas my WH female has a long slender neck and a slimmer more stream-lined body. Snowflake also has a white chest, white tipped feathers on her wings and pure white flight feathers. My WH female doesn't have either of these traits.

But the biggest thing I recently noticed is that her bill and feet color are bright orange, where female mallards and WH have very dark bills and legs. So where did she get the orange bill from? The only two ducks I had with orange bills/legs were Waffles and my fawn/white runner, and I KNOW Snowflake ain't no runner girl. She's too round lol.

I would be just so happy if she was Waffles offspring. I believe I have a male offspring from Potato/Waffles, -he has white flight feathers too- but he needs to be culled soon. But not Snowflake. I can keep her :) So what do you all think? Does anyone have any female mallard/pekin crosses?

Snowflake as a duckling

Snowflake today:

Here is my WH that I thought was her mom at first:

And the duck I suspect to be her full brother:

I have a Khaki/Pekin/Mallard female. She looked very similar to Snowflake as a baby. I thought she was just Pekin/Mallard until her feathers grew out. (Pekin/Mallard father and Khaki mother) I do think Snowflake is a cross; if you hatch some of her babies, you will get some beauties!!
love.gif

He is Gorgeous!!
love.gif

Trust me, they make the most beautiful babies when you hatch their offspring!
This is how the duckling turned out (his name is Chuck!). He can't fly either. His wings are partially white, especially underneath, his eyelids are white, and he has white belly feathers.

Last edited:
This is how the duckling turned out (his name is Chuck!). He can't fly either. His wings are partially white, especially underneath, his eyelids are white, and he has white belly feathers.

I have what I believe is a pekin/mallard male and female. Snowflake is the female, and and I am certain her father is my male mallard, Potato. She was mostly yellow as a baby, with black on her head and tail. But she darkened up as molted, which is made me think she her mother was my Welsh harlequin female. But now that she's grown, I'm thinking maybe her mom is actually Waffles, my beloved pekin that died a few weeks ago. It would be just great to have a Waffles/Potato baby.

Snowflake's head and neck are very round and thick, like Waffles, and she carries her squarish body low to the ground, whereas my WH female has a long slender neck and a slimmer more stream-lined body. Snowflake also has a white chest, white tipped feathers on her wings and pure white flight feathers. My WH female doesn't have either of these traits.

But the biggest thing I recently noticed is that her bill and feet color are bright orange, where female mallards and WH have very dark bills and legs. So where did she get the orange bill from? The only two ducks I had with orange bills/legs were Waffles and my fawn/white runner, and I KNOW Snowflake ain't no runner girl. She's too round lol.

I would be just so happy if she was Waffles offspring. I believe I have a male offspring from Potato/Waffles, -he has white flight feathers too- but he needs to be culled soon. But not Snowflake. I can keep her
smile.png
So what do you all think? Does anyone have any female mallard/pekin crosses?

Snowflake as a duckling

Snowflake today:

Here is my WH that I thought was her mom at first:

And the duck I suspect to be her full brother:

Awww I just hatched a mallard Pekin cross this morning! Only difference from the full mallard is that it has yellow feet with black spots and just a tiny bit lighter color I’m so curious to see what it looks like after a few months

Back
Top Bottom