How long will they act like CUJO??

AnitaE

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 4, 2008
Jena, Louisiana
I have 2 sebastopol geese that were hatched in July...2 months ago I got 3 babies and it has turned my sweet loving older geese into something that rivals a pit bull! They are fine as long as we don't try to get near the babies...but look out if we do! Will they always be so protective of them or will they chill out soon?

I have 2 sebastopol geese that were hatched in July...2 months ago I got 3 babies and it has turned my sweet loving older geese into something that rivals a pit bull! They are fine as long as we don't try to get near the babies...but look out if we do! Will they always be so protective of them or will they chill out soon?
Eventually they will calm down and things will move closer to what you remember as being normal. Right now there is a lot of hormonal stuff going on in your geese, especially with the gander, whose primary reason to exist currently is to protect his offspring. As the breeding season moves forward the goslings will become more independant and your gander will become less hormonal and you will have a great family of geese. In the meantime how about some pictures. We love pictures of geese and their goslings.

I will try and get some pictures tomorrow :) I will admit this is the most precious thing in the world watching them parent these babies :) They are nothing like chickens...they really take this parenting serious :)

I will try and get some pictures tomorrow :) I will admit this is the most precious thing in the world watching them parent these babies :) They are nothing like chickens...they really take this parenting serious :)
They really are amazing birds. They actually form relationships with each other from strong male/female friendships to actual pair bonding. They form family units that last. Not bad for dumb birds.

Back
Top Bottom